I normally try to limit the amount of meat that I eat, and now that it is the Lenten season, meat is off limits for me on Fridays. I made this dish for my lunch on Ash Wednesday (another meatless day). It makes for a really nice light meal, or can be served with tortilla chips as an appetizer.
This is a “no recipe” recipe, and I’ll bet that you have most of the ingredients in your pantry. I love quick and easy meals or snacks that can be thrown together in a matter of minutes. Whether you are running late and need a quick meal, or have unexpected company, this salsa (or salad) is a quick, tasty and sure to please.
Black Bean and Corn Salsa (or Salad)
Makes 20 servings as a salsa, or 3 as a salad
- 1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies), undrained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp dried cilantro (or 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Serve with tortilla chips as an appetizer, or in a bowl alone or over chopped romaine lettuce as a salad. I think this would also be amazing with some grilled shrimp!