We are half way through the week! Lets have french fries! And not just any french fries…sweet potato fries!
Now, I am a real fan of the good old sweet potato. I never really ate them much growing up, save for Thanksgiving when they were covered in syrup and marshmallows. The potatoes and fries in my house were the conventional white potato kind. Not that there is anything wrong with those, and when baked in the oven in this same method, they are relatively healthy. Potatoes are vegetables, after all. But sweet potatoes offer tons of vitamins A, C, B6, manganese, fiber and potassium. Lots of nutrition is packed into these tasty spuds! And, they’re orange (my favorite color) so how can you not enjoy them?
Sweet Potato Fries
makes 3 servings, but can be easily doubled for more
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- fine sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice sweet potatoes into fry shapes.
- Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 30-35 minutes, flipping half way through cooking time.