Have you ever spent all day cooking a recipe? You know, the really time consuming, multiple step, have-to-buy-ingredients-you’ve-never-heard-of kind of recipe?
Don’t get me wrong. I love spending time in the kitchen. It is my favorite place to be. But while those recipes are sometimes fun, and the results can be spectactular, sometimes you feel… like its just not worth all the effort.
Sometimes simple ingredients, prepared in a very basic way yield the freshest and tastiest dishes that leave you with the satisfaction of a dish that has taken all day to prepare, but without the feeling that was not worth your time.
This simple roasted asparagus does just that.
To prepare youe asparagus, hold each end and bend until it snaps. Discard (or compost, or save for stock!) the “woody” part at the bottom and save the beautiful tops.
Place your asparagus spears on a foil lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Roast in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, flipping half way through. Top your asparagus with a sprtiz of lemon juice and shavings of parmesan cheese (I just make these with a vegetable peeler).
Fresh, simple and delicious. Everything a dish should be.
Easy Roasted Asparagus Spears
- 1 large bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place asparagus on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast asparagus for 10 minutes, flipping half way thorugh cooking time.
- Once asparagus is cooked, sprtiz with lemon juice and top with shaved parmesan cheese.