While I really want to keep this a “cooking blog,” sometimes there are some random thoughts I’d just like to share. I thought what better way than to have a “happy hour” on Friday afternoons. So grab your favorite drink and get ready. Here it goes…
- Happy Friday the 13th! Did you know there are 3 Friday the 13ths this year? Good thing I’m not superstitious!
- Have you seen the Street Strider? How cool does this thing look? I like my elliptical, but to take it outside? Too bad the $1,700 price tag won’t fit into my budget…
- And speaking of budgets, dogs cost a lot of money. I had to take one of our dogs, Holly, to the vet this week. She has bad skin allergies and they were really acting up. $500 and 4 prescriptions later, she is doing much better. One of her medicines is prednisone, which increases her thirst and subsequently, her need to pee. Setting the alarm for the middle of the night to take her out so she doesn’t pee on the floor has been really fun.
- Have you tried this Color Personality Test from Better Homes & Gardens? Just a fun little quiz to waste a couple of minutes. My color personality was coral. Unsurprising, since my two favorite colors are orange and pink.“Not quite pink, not quite orange, this palette of coral brings in the best of both hues. The whisper of pink gives it a sweetly feminine aura, while the orange tendencies introduce a casual spin. This elegantly down-to-earth palette pairs well with grays and yellows or blues for a chic interpretation, or with warm neutrals and sable browns for a calming effect.”
- I’m eating this salad for lunch again today. Except I added more mozzarella balls to it. And it is glorious.
- Chris and I are going to Artventure Us and painting this:
I’ll let you know how it goes!