I love that blondies are sort of the red-headed (blonde-headed?) step child to brownies. We all love the gooey chocolatey treat, but sometimes it is nice to divert a little and try something different.
White Chocolate Cherry Blondies
adapted from Taste of Home
Makes 24 blondies
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine melted butter and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Cool slightly, and whisk in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Gradually add butter mixture to flour mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Reserve 1/4 cup each of cherries and white chocolate chips. Mix the remaining cherries and chips into the batter. Batter will be thick
- Transfer batter to a greased 9 in x 13 in baking pan and press into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the top with the reserved cherries and white chocolate. Press down slightly to adhere them to the top of the blondies.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving.