Before we get to breakfast drinking, I would like to wish my wonderful husband, Chris, a very happy birthday! Since he shares his birthday with a holiday, I don’t want him to feel left out of all the leprechauns and shamrocks. You are my favorite person and I am so lucky to be married to such a great man! Happy Birthday!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
I don’t know about you, but I could use a drink after the week I’ve had! Instead of just chugging that bottle of whiskey, I think I’ll take the more socially acceptable route and have an Irish Coffee…and I’ll use that there whiskey to make a special whipped cream. Sounds great to me!
Do you know how to get me to lick a table? Do this:
makes 6 servings
- 4-5 cups freshly brewed hot coffee
- 6 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Pour 1 oz of Irish Cream into a cup or mug.
- Fill the rest of the way up with hot coffee.
- Top with whipped cream…or whiskey whipped cream!
Whiskey Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp Irish Whisky
- Combine cream and whiskey in a large bowl.
- Whisk (or save your arm workout for another day and use and electric mixer) until cream forms stiff peaks.
Eat with a spoon straight from the bowlUse to top your Irish Coffee or your favorite dessert!