How many colors can you fit into one bowl?
This salad is bursting with flavor. the comibnation of juicy berries, sweet madarin orange segments and creamy goat cheese is out-of-this-world delicious!
Let me introduce you to my favorite dressing. I know some people can’t stand bottled dressings, but this Sweet Vidalia Onion dressing is by far the tastiest one out there,
corn syrup, chemicals and all ( I just looked up the nutional info and ingredients, and there isn’t any corn syrup! And I can pronounce most of the ingredients! Win! I still might try to make my own version some day…) I have attempted making my own version, but haven’t come anywhere close.
And just like sandwiches, I hesitate to call this a “recipe.” There isn’t even any method or technique. Just slice up your fruit and put it on top of a bed of greens. But the flavor combination was spot on, and I havea feeling I’m going to be eating this salad A LOT through the Spring and Summer months.
I just had to share this beauty. I could look at these pictures all day.
Spring Time Fruity Salad
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup canned mandarin orange segments
- 4 large strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- Dressing of your choice (I choose Ken’s Light Sweet Vidalia Onion, but other good options would be a poppyseed dressing, or a fruity balsamic vinegarette. I think staying on the sweet side would be best for this salad)
Toss all ingredients together, and enjoy!