What makes a better fall breakfast than waffles? Pumpkin waffles!
These waffles are chewy and dense. They make a perfect, warm and satisfying breakfast on a brisk autumn morning. Topped with sweet maple syrup, they truly are delectable!
Makes 4 large waffles
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Cooking spray
- Heat waffle iron on high.
- Combine dry ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- 4. Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients and stir well until combined.
- 5. Spray waffle iron with cooking spray and pour batter onto iron.
- 6. Close and cook 6-8 minutes or until waffles are cooked (this time will depend on your waffle iron).
- 7. Serve with pure maple syrup.